10:14 AM

My life in 3 months Holiday

Posted by Felicity |

From the very first time, I would like to tell the way I spend 3 months holiday in academic level. I tried to be productive, so I applied for MIC website project and later on responsible for database and architecture. I really like the atmosphere in that community. Our database is almost at deployment stage but we have trouble on server, so the deployment is being putted off till September just in time with the beginning of new term. 1 week ago, I also assigned myself to be committee in Installfest 3.0. This event was held in our faculty, and then we are hoping we can conduct it in bigger scope.

In October, Christian student fellowship in my campus is going to have retreat for welcoming new students. I enthusiastic with this, yet many things have to be concerned such as funding. Our cash is not more than 10% of approx spending. I hope all the committee can keep up the spirit; I believe in God’s hand there always the ways to go there.

1 week ago, I also have interview session in 1 of biggest consulting in Indonesia. I applied for scholarship that offer tuition fee waiver. Somehow this is my dream from 1 year ago, but after through the interview session I just let it go and not expect that much.

I do fun things to vanish boredom. My friend showed me itunes 100 chart, I amazed with this and download top 100 songs as listed. Most of the songs are pop and Rnb. At first, I wasn’t impressed because I had belief that my genre is truly ,madly, deeply jazz. But, at the end It became an irresistible craving and continue to download it. From now on, itunes 100 is my official guideline. Love it so much.

To accommodate my contentment to use many applications in same time, I feel the urgency to upgrade ram from 1GB to 2GB. I hope I can boost my notebook performance before new term start.

Yesterday, I filled in IRS. I chose courses that am going to take in 5th semester. I have planned to take Software engineering and Information System. After waiting 1 day, IS concentration wasn’t opened. It became problematic for me because it’s out of my expectation. In fact, it’s not only me who flustered. Many people complaint this things in our academic forum and today my lecturer has just replied it by saying it is still under consideration.

I had inspiring session from yesterday conversation with IBM intern and also upper classmate, He said he has changed his idealistic and became realistic enough to reach his dream as professional. He was saying that understand business process is important for future job, He told me a stories about once met a client from bank, in the middle of the presentation, client asked something about business process. My friend doesn’t understand at all, with empty face he just stared to his client. Client looked back and suggests him to take Management of Information System. From that moment, he tried to catch up with IS course and learnt alone. I thank to him it was inspiring and directive talk. Later on, he said we should also choose take mobile tech.

I am hoping for IS concentration. Besides that, I will take applicative course from SE and scientific computing. But the most important thing regardless the course, I have to do my best in every step I take. I believe God lead the way. I trust him on my side.

0 comments: